IRCTC has launched the mobile version of the website through which you can book your tickets using your mobile anywhere. This is more convenient, better and smarter way by which people can book their tickets.
This launch of website by Indian Rail will also divide people among different channels of booking a railway ticket. So you can expect little less people in the line when you go for booking a ticket through manual process of actually going to the railway station and booking ticket from there. The address of the website for mobile services is: https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile.
This website can be accessed from any browser enabled mobile phone which has the basic function of GPRS activated on the device. This method of booking a railway ticket is easy and convenient. The steps are also easy to use.
You can use any of the credit/debit card for the payment option while booking the ticket through your mobile.
The following features are currently available for bookings through mobile
Book Ticket/Enquiry – This can be used to book a rail ticket by providing correct source and destination.
Booked History – All the tickets whose date of Journey is in future will be available here. For all the tickets whose journey date is due, you can use this feature to get the tickets.
Cancel Ticket – You can cancel any of the tickets whose date of journey is lies in future here.
Help/Guidance Regarding The Booking of Tickets Through Mobile
- Login to your account on the url https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile.
- Fill all the required fields for the option of plan my travel.
- Select the exact train that you wish to board and then continue the booking.
- Add passengers to the existing passenger list.
- Confirm all the booking details provided and then make a payment through debit/credit card to make a successful booking of a ticket.