National Telecom Policy 2012 has approved of One Nation – One Number plan, which means that no more roaming charges across India.
The other major highlights of the policy are as follows:
- Broadband for all at minimum 2 Mbps connectivity.
- To Increase rural tele-density from the current level of around 39 to 70 by the year 2017 and 100 by the year 2020.
- New Voice over Internet Protocol.
- Unified Licensing, delinking of Spectrum from License, Online real time submission and processing.
- More focus on manufacturing in India for India.